- 1 cup heavy cream (I used dairy but you could use coconut-based cream for non-dairy - see notes)
- 2 cups frozen sweet cherries
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder (or vanilla extract
- Optional: 1 teaspoon lemon juice & 1 pasturized egg yolk
1. Pour the heavy cream into the bowl of a food processor. Whip it until fluffy.
2. Add the frozen cherries, heavy cream, sugar, sea salt, vanilla powder, and optional lemon juice and egg yolk.
3. Puree until completely smooth.
4. Freeze the ice cream using one of these two methods:
- Pour the ice cream into small single serving containers and freeze them. This makes it easy to take out and bring to room temperature for a few minutes to help it soften before serving.
- Or, pour the whole batch into a shallow pan and freeze for 1 hour. Swirl with a fork and freeze again. Stir every hour until firm, then transfer into a storage container.
- If you prefer to make this recipe non-dairy you can use canned coconut cream instead. However if you do this, I recommend heating the mixture after blending it. Just warm it on low for a minute or two. To add the egg yolk, let the mixture cool down before whisking it in. Then freeze.