Chocolate-dipped strawberries are a luxury-style treat for any special occasion, especially Valentine’s Day.
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips or carob chips
- 30 fresh, large and ripe strawberries, with stems attached
- Shredded coconut
- Chopped nuts
- Hemp seeds
- Flaked sea salt
- Melted white chocolate
1. Wash the strawberries and dry very well.
2. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper.
3. Place the chocolate chips in a large stainless steel bowl. Place the bowl over a medium saucepan with a few inches of boiling water in it. Simmer the water on medium heat, whisking the chocolate chips until they are melted. This will take a few minutes.
4. Hold a strawberry by the stem and dip it into the melted chocolate. Be sure to coat the strawberry completely. Lift the strawberry and twist it to let the chocolate drip off. Then place on the lined baking pan to cool.
5. Sprinkle the coated strawberry with any toppings of your choice while the chocolate is still warm. Or you can keep the strawberries plain, without toppings. Repeat with the remaining strawberries and chocolate.
6. If using melted white chocolate as a decoration, melt the chocolate the same way and then use a spoon to drizzle zigzag lines of it sideways across the strawberries.
7. Chill the strawberries in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes, until set.