A frozen ravioli recipe that is filling, tasty, and full of flavor.
- 2 packs Rising Moon Organic Butternut Squash Ravioli
- Olive oil
- 13 oz. cooked kidney beans, OR 1 pack of your favorite plant-based sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 small bunches baby broccoli (or broccolini or broccoli rabe)
- ¼ cup green pea pesto
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon currants
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
Green pea pesto
- 1 cup cooked green peas
- 1 ½ cups packed basil leaves
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts or pumpkin seeds
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon sweet white miso (or
- 3 tablespoons vegan Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ lemon, juiced
Pre-cook the ravioli according to the package instructions. Rinse and drain, then toss with a little olive oil and set aside.
If using plant-based sausages, slice the sausages on a diagonal and pan-fry over medium heat in a little olive oil until lightly browned and crispy on the edges.
To steam the baby broccoli, add 1 cup water to a large pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Arrange the baby broccoli in the pan and steam for approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Do not over steam. Remove from heat and discard water.
To make the green pea pesto, add the peas, basil, parsley, olive oil, pine nuts, garlic, miso, sea salt, and lemon juice to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth, or leave a little texture if you prefer. Adjust to taste if needed.
Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and a pinch of sea salt. Cook for a few minutes and then add the garlic. Add the steamed baby broccoli. Next, add the remaining sea salt and black pepper. Add the kidney beans or sausage and currants and cook for a few minutes. Next, add the ravioli and cook for a few minutes. Add the green pea pesto and stir gently to combine.
Serve topped with lightly toasted pine nuts.