- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½ cup leeks, thinly sliced
- ½ cup diced carrot
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained and pressed
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sweet white miso
- 2 teaspoons umeboshi vinegar
- 1 8-inch whole grain pie crust, unbaked (or bake without crust)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium fry pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms. Sauté for several minutes, until softened. Add leeks. Sauté one more minute. Add carrot, broccoli, basil, oregano, pepper and a small splash of water if needed. Sauté until vegetables are tender.
- Crumble tofu into a food processor. Add turmeric, salt, sweet white miso, and umeboshi vinegar. Blend to a smooth and thick consistency. Transfer tofu to a bowl. Fold in sauteed vegetables and pour into pie crust. Bake at 350° F for 1 hour. Let stand 30 minutes before serving.