Soft and fluffy homemade carrot spice waffles filled with shredded carrots and warm spices and drizzled with a yummy almond butter and maple syrup glaze.
¾ cup almond flour
2 tbsp. coconut flour
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon vanilla powder
½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
2 tbsp. Lakanto monk fruit sweetener with erythritol
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
Optional: ¼ cup avocado oil or melted coconut oil
½ cup shredded carrot
Maple Almond Butter Topping:
¼ cup almond butter
¼ cup maple syrup
1. In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, sea salt, baking powder, vanilla powder, pumpkin pie spice, and monk fruit sweetener. Whisk to blend together.
2. Add the almond milk and optional avocado oil if using. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, then add them to the almond flour mixture. Stir well. Add the shredded carrot and fold in gently.
3. Preheat the waffle iron. Just before adding the batter, lightly brush with a silicone brush or spray the waffle iron with a little avocado oil or coconut oil. Using a spoon or measuring cup, quickly add half of the batter (about 1 cup). Spread it evenly over the waffle iron, then close it.
4. If you have the kind of waffle iron you can flip, cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on one side, then flip it. Cook for an additional 2 ½ minutes on the other side. If you have a regular waffle iron that does not flip, just cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Carefully open the waffle iron. Let the cooked waffle cool slightly before removing. Repeat with remaining batter.
6. To make the maple almond butter topping: In a small bowl, mix together the almond butter and maple syrup. Serve the waffles warm, spread with the maple almond butter.