Delicious salmon salad in lettuce cups that is simple and easy to make! Great for a weekly lunch staple.
8 ounces frozen wild salmon, thawed
Sea salt & pepper
1 Tbsp. avocado oil or coconut oil
2 Tbsp. celery, minced
1 Tbsp. onion, minced
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons fresh dill, finely chopped
⅓ cup avocado mayonnaise
To serve: Butter lettuce, radicchio
1. Pat the salmon dry using a paper towel. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
2. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the avocado oil, then quickly add the salmon, flesh side-down. Cook uncovered for 4 to 5 minutes. Use a spatula to turn the salmon. Cook for three more minutes on the other side.
3. Once the salmon has cooled to the touch, remove any bones. You can also remove the skin and gray-colored fat if desired. Using a fork, flake the salmon apart. Place the prepared salmon in a large bowl.
4. Add the celery, onion, lemon juice, sea salt and pepper to taste, fresh dill and mayonnaise. Stir to combine and adjust seasoning to taste.
5. Fill radicchio or butter lettuce leaves with a generous spoonful of the salmon salad per leaf.