Enjoy perfectly seasoned guacamole with parboiled veggie sticks. It’s quick, easy, and loaded with nutrients!
1 cup carrot sticks or flat planks
1 cup broccoli - a combination of broccoli florets & peeled stems, sliced
1 avocado, pitted
2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
½ teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
Black pepper, to taste
1 Tbsp. chopped onion
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice, or more to taste
1. In a medium saucepan, bring a few inches of lightly salted water to a boil over medium high heat. Keep a strainer or colander nearby, with a plate underneath. Drop the broccoli florets and peeled stems into the water. Cook for a few minutes.
2. Remove the broccoli with a slotted spoon. Place them in the strainer to cool.
3. Bring the water back to a boil, then drop in the carrot planks. Cook for a few minutes. Remove the carrot planks with a slotted spoon. Place them in the strainer to cool.
4. Make the guacamole: In a large bowl, mash the avocados. Add the sea salt and black pepper to taste. Add the lime juice, cilantro, chopped onion and lime juice. Stir well.
5. Serve the cooled vegetables and guacamole, or pack them into a portioned lunch container as a snack on the go.