A super-flavorful, veggie-packed stir-fry that goes great with quinoa or brown rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon curry powder, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 3 heirloom carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 container CocoJune Organic cultured coconut yogurt
- 1 8-oz. pack Pumfu pumpkin seed tofu, cubed
- ¼ small head green cabbage, chopped
- 2-3 cups broccoli spears
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic. A pinch of the salt helps the onions to soften.
- Cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the onions have softened.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, curry powder, remaining sea salt and turmeric.
- Cook and stir for a few minutes, then cover for a few more minutes. Uncover and add carrots and the coconut yogurt. Stir and cover, cooking for another minute.
- Add the cabbage, pumfu and broccoli. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender but still bright green.
- Serve hot, over cooked quinoa or rice.