- 7–8 Granny Smith apples
- 1/4 cup water (or maple syrup)
- Optional: ground cinnamon
- Peel and core the apples. Chop up into big chunks. Place in a medium-size pot.
- Bring to gentle boil then lower the heat to cook on medium low, covered with the lid tilted, for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once you can easily pierce the apples with a fork, mash them with a potato masher. If you want it really smooth you can put it through a food processor. Enjoy!
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!