- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- ½ cup chopped beet
- 1 cup chopped sweet potato
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup mung beans (I used the True Roots brand sprouted ones)
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a pressure cooker or Instant Pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion and scallions. For oil free, replace the oil with ¼ cup vegetable broth.
- Cook and stir the garlic, onion and scallions for about 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the remaining vegetables and the mung beans.
- Add the vegetable broth. Place the lid on your pressure cooker or Instant Pot. Bring to full pressure on medium high heat.
- Once you have full pressure, reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes.
- If you want to thin the soup, feel free to add another 1 or 2 cups of vegetable broth. Simmer together, lightly covered, for one more minute. Adjust seasoning to taste.