Pantry granola is the fun, kid-friendly baking recipe that features ingredients you already have on hand.
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup barley flour (or other flour of your choice)
1/2 cup brown rice syrup (or ¼ cup brown rice syrup + ¼ cup maple syrup)
⅓ cup avocado oil (or coconut oil)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
4 cups rolled oats
⅓ cup currants or other dried fruit of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the currants. Mix well.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the granola mixture in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Stir the granola. Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Once the granola is finished, remove it from the oven. Let the granola cool before breaking it up. Stir the currants into granola. Store granola in a glass mason jar for up to a week or two.
- Enjoy this granola with your favorite yogurt or milk.