Spread toasted sweet potato slices with plant-based sunflower seed "cheese", crunchy pomegranate seeds and walnuts for a colorful and flavor-packed appetizer.
- 1 16-oz. bag Caulipower Frozen Sweet PotaTOASTS (frozen Sweet Potato slices)
Sunflower seed "cheese" spread:
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon miso
- D'Vash Sweet Potato Nectar
- The seeds of 1 pomegranate
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Fresh sprigs of thyme or rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the sweet potaTOASTS in an even layer on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. For more well-done slices, brush with a little olive oil and bake 5 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, make the sunflower seed "cheese" spread. Place the sunflower seeds, water, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, lemon juice, and miso in a food processor. Process until it's a spreadable consistency, stopping to scrape down the sides a few times. The consistency does not need to be perfectly smooth.
- Remove the baked sweet potaTOASTS from the oven and let them cool to room temperature. Spread each one with a rounded tablespoon of the sunflower seed "cheese" spread. Top with some walnuts, pomegranate seeds, thyme sprigs and a drizzle of sweet potato nectar. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 8