Creamy Squash Apple Soup
- Yield: Makes 4 Servings 1x
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and cut into ½ inch chunks
- 13.5 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 2 apples, cored, peeled and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- A few grinds of cracked black pepper
- Apple cider
- Garnish: Toasted pumpkin seeds
Heat a soup pot over medium heat. Add a splash of the vegetable broth. Add the onion and add a pinch of the sea salt. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add the squash and apple and stir. Pour in the coconut milk. Pour in the remaining vegetable broth, the black pepper, remaining sea salt and nutmeg. Add enough apple cider to almost cover the squash and apples. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until the squash is fork-tender. Stir occasionally while cooking. Shut off the heat. Using an immersion blender, carefully puree the soup. Serve hot, garnished with toasted pumpkin seeds.
- Serving Size: 4
Like this post? Want to share the article? Pin it to your favorite Pinterest boards!
Leave a Reply