- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (I use a keto coconut oil brand)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- Sea salt and white pepper to taste
- Smoked paprika
- Optional: fresh chives, chopped finely
- Place eggs in a single layer in a medium saucepan. Add enough water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil, cover, remove from heat, and let stand for 12 minutes.
- While the eggs are cooking, fill a bowl with cold water and ice. When the eggs have finished cooking, use a mesh strainer to scoop the eggs out and place them in the ice bath.
- To peel the eggs, tap each egg on the wide end until it cracks. Peel under cold running water, using a small spoon to help remove the shell.
- Cut the peeled eggs in half lengthwise. Carefully remove the yolks. Place the yolks in a small bowl. Mash lightly with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, pickle relish, sea salt, and white pepper. Stir well.
- Carefully spoon the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites. Feel free to use a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip to make a fancy shape. Garnish with the smoked paprika and optional chopped chives.